The Sweet Table Shoppe
1. Tell us about yourself! (Anything you want to share!)
Founder and owner of The Sweet Table Shoppe, a nurse and a lover of sweets, I ventured into the dessert business in 2017. This started out as a hobby around my family and friends; we celebrated each journey as the family grew. From birthdays, graduations, bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, each milestone was a celebration. I was always the go-to for the planning and creative design of the events. Event after event, I later started doing dessert tables to match the themes of our parties. As it was loved and enjoyed by many, it became my canvas for The Sweet Table Shoppe.
2. When did you start your business?
The Sweet Table Shoppe was established in September 2017.
3. What got you into desserts?
I love pastries, cakes, any form of sweets and I enjoy making, baking, and sharing them.
What do you specialize in?
We specialize in Dessert Tables. We plan and create your vision of a theme into a beautiful dessert table set-up with a custom sweets menu.
4. What does a typical day look like for you at work?
I research on the current trends and different ideas for my upcoming events, fulfill orders, and bake. I also take about 30mins-1hr just for me to breathe and relax before I dive into a project.
5. Do you cater to weddings and other events? If so, how many do you do in a month?
We cater to all events big or small and in between. We do about 3-4 a month and dessert orders throughout each week.
6. What is the best part of your job?
Being able to share beautiful dessert tables and the customer feedback is the best part of my job. I love to hear that it brought them back to a special place.
7. How long does it take to design and create a cake? What other products do you offer to your customers?
We offer freshly made products such as cakes, cupcakes, chocolate covered treats, cookies, dessert minis such as cheesecakes, pie pops, truffles, and many more. Most of our orders are custom and made-to-order with a 2 week advanced notice. Our standard menus can be requested within the same week. Our specialties are dessert tables with a custom menu.
8. Where is your store front (if you have one)?
We are a mobile based business and prepare our products in a commercial kitchen located in the South Bay.
9. Where do you see your business in 5 years?
We are looking forward to expanding in the next 5 years, service more cities outside of Southern California, and open a specialty shop with a gallery of dessert table samples and desserts!
10. What advice would you give to someone who wants to follow in your footsteps?
Just do it! I have always talked about starting this business for many years and after realizing that it can be done, I took that BIG step and just did it, it really just happens very quickly, so be ready.
11. We know creating delicious goods takes a lot of patience and work, how do you balance personal life and your business?
Honestly, there is no balance. Patience is everything! It can get a bit hectic at times, but I believe in self-care and taking the time to just breathe is all you need. At the end of the day, loving what you do makes a huge difference in your flow. You get excited, it consumes you, and the stress just goes away.
How can readers/clients get in reach of you?
Phone Number: 310-977-8506 (Ok to text)