The Sweet Dandelion
1. Tell us about yourself! (Anything you want to share!)
My name is Kysa and I’m the owner of The Sweet Dandelion! Ever since I was little, I would always be drawing, painting, and doodling whenever I had the chance. I love creating things whether it be digitally, on paper, or from the oven :) I am excited to be able to share my passion for art and creativity with you through my cake pops!
2. When did you start your business?
I officially started The Sweet Dandelion in January of 2016.
3. What got you into desserts? What do you specialize?
I started making desserts mainly for gifts but once people suggested I turn it into a business, I decided to take on the venture! I enjoy baking a number of things but I specialize in creating cake pops.
4. What does a typical day look like for you at work?
The Sweet Dandelion is actually my side hustle. I am a computer engineer by day, cake pop baker by night…and mostly weekends :)
5. Do you cater to weddings and other events? If so, how many do you do in a month?
I have not yet catered to any events or weddings but would love to take on the challenge if the opportunity arises.
6. What is the best part of your job?
My favorite part about The Sweet Dandelion is being able to share my creations with others. I love hand delivering my orders and vendoring at events so I can interact with clients. I am always excited for custom orders because it lets me put some creativity into what I am making.
7. How long does it take to design and create a cake? What other products do you offer to your customers?
Depending on the intricacy of design, an order of cake pops could take from only an hour to possibly all night. My online shop only has cake pops available at the moment but I have created cakes/cupcakes for past clients. I have also experimented with baked donuts and macarons as well.
8. Where is your store front (if you have one)?
I do not have a store front at the moment but would love to have one in the future!
9. Where do you see your business in 5 years?
Hopefully with more clients and a store front? *crosses fingers*
10. What advice would you give to someone who wants to follow in your footsteps?
Perfecting your technique when it comes to baking takes time. You will have a lot of broken cake pops in the trash (or belly) but the time you take to practice and learn will definitely pay off in the end.
11. We know creating delicious goods takes a lot of patience and work, how do you balance personal life and your business?
Between a full-time job, a cake pop business, and a personal life…things can get pretty hectic. I do try my best to balance time for all three but let’s just say there are quite a few sleepless nights here and there trying to finish up an order :)
How can readers/clients get in reach of you?
Phone Number: (619) 786-7810